Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Gearblast UK via this Website, email correspondence or other means of contact. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998; Gearblast UK,
we or us
Gearblast UK User or you or The Attendee any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Gearblast UK and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Gearblast UK and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and Website the website that you are currently using, uk.gearblast.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
We may collect the following Data, which may include personal Data, from you:
- Date of Birth;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Social media profile information;
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Gearblast UK is the "data controller".
- We will retain any Data you submit until such a time as it it no longer required for the safe and legal operation of the Event and is no longer required for the safe and legal operation of future events
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website or in the running of the Event. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- smooth operation of the Event;
- auditing and moderation of information;
Third party websites and services
- Gearblast UK may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have restricted, proportionate access to the personal data they need in order to carry out the processes they have been engaged to complete.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Gearblast UK (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £50.
- Data security is of great importance to Gearblast UK and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password or PIN access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You agree that you will not share your PIN or Password with any other user
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to or from the Website via HTTP, HTTPS or SMTP.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Gearblast UK by email at GEARBLAST@GMAIL.COM.
01 January 2018